Parenting

The Antidote To My Phenomenally Crap Day – A fat dose of perspective.

October 18, 2012

10 Stupendously Crap Things That Did Not Happen To Me Yesterday –

(in no particular order)

1. I did not have to clean up an over flowing toilet with a teaspoon.

2. I did not get someone else’s vomit in my mouth.

3. I did not get my face bitten by a rabid dog, and in turn, become rabid – and faceless.

4. I did not have to break rocks with a mallet to build a railway.

5. I did not get shot, in any part of my body, let alone my head, for voicing my opinion.

6. My computer did not die a horrible death taking all of my un-backed up projects and photographs to Cyber Heaven.

7. I did not have to watch my children go hungry today because I don’t have enough food to fill their bellies.

8. I did not lose anybody dear to me, nor even anyone I’m ambivalent about.

9. I did not slam my own hand in the car door, break three fingers and be forever branded an idiot.

10. I did not accidentally release my shopping trolley on a decline and run over a small child.

It would appear that yesterday was quite a good day after all, and today is sure to be better.

Get out there and have a wonderful day.

• Reply John Cullimore October 18, 2012 at 8:13 am

Danielle, this … was … awesome.

Thank you so much for your sense of humor and awe of life.

• Reply Keeping Up With The Holsbys October 18, 2012 at 8:15 am

Thank you for such a divine comment! Pleased it touched chord.

Have an awesome day.

• Reply Michelle October 18, 2012 at 8:45 am

here,here!! Love it. now Ill just need to keep reading and reminding myself of those little words of wisdom over the next week while Adam is away working in Bora Bora and Im here flying solo with the 2 little brattlys!!!!

• Reply faydanamyjake October 18, 2012 at 9:00 am

Lol 🙂

• Reply Shannon October 18, 2012 at 9:18 am

Those runaway trolleys are just rampant right now!! Lol

Good to see humour along with sobering truth. The fact we can walk out our doors each day and not have to worry about being blown up should have us beaming in itself.

Accentuate the positives and all that 🙂

• Reply Claire October 18, 2012 at 9:39 am

Lol…..you always make me laugh….thank you for brightening my day!!

• Reply Bunny Eats Design October 18, 2012 at 10:32 am

I did not get eaten by spiders.

• Reply Keeping Up With The Holsbys October 18, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Indeed, I did not get eaten by spiders!

• Reply Bunny Eats Design October 18, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Sorry, that was pretty random.

Years ago, after seeing some spiders, The Koala and I and our friends celebrated the fact we weren’t being eaten by spiders. We were pretty trashed at that stage and for some reason it comes to mind when recovering from a bad day.

• Reply Keeping Up With The Holsbys October 18, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Not random at all. Completely fits the theme. That would be really stupendously crappy.

• Reply Kate October 18, 2012 at 5:47 pm

Fantastic! I try and do a little bit of this and a little bit of giving thanks everyday. I also have two little ones and am sleep deprived. Without this I’d loose my shit much more often than I do.

Today I’m pretty sure dinner won’t be gruel.

• Reply Nina October 20, 2012 at 9:59 am

Good positive attitude! There will always be crap days, but the good thing is that they pass. I have a similar “At least…” attitude whenever I have a bad day: “At least we’re healthy… at least we’re not starving… at least he has a voice and isn’t mute to even cry with, etc. etc.” lol. Helps put things in perspective 🙂

• Reply diannegray October 20, 2012 at 11:43 pm