Parenting

How To Prevent Your Toddler From Killing Your Baby.

February 27, 2013

baby-safe

If I had a dollar for every time I said ‘Be gentle with your sister’ I could buy myself a First Class one way ticket to somewhere peaceful where pool boys massaged my feet whilst I drank cocktails the size of my head.

One moment of relaxed vigilance and my baby could be unwittingly suffocated, choked, or just ridden off into the sunset by her exuberant big brother.

Today, I popped over to Sleeping Could Be Easy to give my friend Nina a few tips on how to keep her gorgeous toddler away from her soon-to-be newborn twins.

She said this gave her a chuckle, but also made her scared…..

She should be.

I have marvelled many times about the fact that second children are ever conceived, in light of the fact that first children really play havoc with your sex life, but something I have observed in the last 9 months, is that it’s a miracle our second children make it to their first birthdays.

It’s generally not that our first child is malicious, but more inclined to love the new baby a tad fiercely……

To read the rest of this post pop over here

Have you caught your toddler being over zealous?

If you know someone that’s got a new baby and a toddler, flick this over to them.

You may save a baby’s life!

• Reply Bunny Eats Design February 27, 2013 at 7:42 am

I’m sure your tips will save lives!

I was a little angel when it came to being a big sister. It’s possible that I thought that babies were mine so that may have helped. I’m the oldest of a tight group of 6 cousins and there’s photos of me carrying my cousins around. They’re not much smaller than me and they look like they weigh a ton. I guess they were all living dolls to me.

• Reply Joanna February 27, 2013 at 8:10 am

As I was reading this, my middle child was playing with my pink razor in the bathroom. She cut her finger and now she doesn’t think she’ll be able to play in the sandpit at pre-school today. Imagine my guilt!!

• Reply Keeping Up With The Holsbys February 27, 2013 at 8:54 am

Don’t worry, as I read this D Man handed me a finished packet of sultanas with a cupboard moth larvae in the bottom. We can sit next to each other at the Mother of the Year Convention.

On 27/02/2013, at 8:10 AM, Keeping Up With The Holsbys

• Reply How To Prevent Your Toddler From Killing Your Baby. | thenewmommy February 27, 2013 at 9:37 am

[…] How To Prevent Your Toddler From Killing Your Baby.. […]

• Reply faydanamyjake February 27, 2013 at 10:08 am

Did you really do those things?! Seriously? Lol x

• Reply Mrs D February 27, 2013 at 1:05 pm

My youngest, on his 1st birthday, came out of the bedroom with a hole in his head..from what I believe was an attempt by his older brother to draw on his face with a pencil…oopsie!

• Reply triedtestedandtruemommy February 27, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Wish these were around when I was younger. My parents left me and my younger sister to keep an “eye” on my infant sister on her first birthday and she ended up inhaling a lite brite peg and it collapsed her lungs. As a Mommy of a 4 year old and one on the way, I will be posting this around my home to keep myself reminded LOL

• Reply Keeping Up With The Holsbys February 27, 2013 at 1:47 pm

A peg??? Oh man.

Hope peg ingestion doesn’t run in the family!!!

Good luck, and relax as much as possible now x

On 27/02/2013, at 1:42 PM, Keeping Up With The Holsbys

• Reply Nina February 28, 2013 at 3:58 am

Maybe hilarious isn’t the word I’m looking for, but still… it’s hilarious to hear the stories of sibling danger just from among your readers lol. I’m hoping to be as vigilant as possible but I’m sure I’ll join the ranks of others who have had to wonder how in the world the new baby ended up wrestling with the three year old.

Thanks again Danielle for writing this piece up!

• Reply momsasaurus February 28, 2013 at 4:29 am

Haha, oh how true. I often have to protect Eleanor from Zoey’s overzealous love and “help.” Great post!