Uncategorized

Hello Sunshine, and Hello Coconut Banana Maple Froyo

September 28, 2013

Coconut banana maple froyo ingredientsHello, sunshine.

Hello, longer days.

Hello, kids waking too early due to DayLight Savings not in place yet.

Hello, nudie bums in the garden, with grass stuck in the bum cracks.

Hello spring, keeping up with the holsbys

Hello, water play with raucous laughter.

Hello, late afternoon swims in the bay.

hello, spring - Keeping Up With The Holsbys

Hello, sand in the bed.

Hello, smell of sunscreen and shiny skin.

Hello, sandals.

Hello, vege garden going nuts.

Hello, weekend BBQs outdoors with friends.

Hello, drinking too much in the afternoon.

Hello, sleeping naked.

Hello, new million dollar aircon in the car so the kids don’t spontaneously combust in the back.

Hello, training season and husband trying to keep fat down.

Hello, Spring. I love you.

Hello, banana, coconut, maple FroYo. I love you too.

coconut banana maple froyo

Yield : plenty

What you will need :

• 2 large very ripe, frozen bananas
  • 2/3 cup natural yoghurt
  • 30 mls good quality maple syrup, or more to taste
  • 45 mls coconut cream
  • a little toasted coconut to serve if you’re feeling zany

What you will need to do :

Chuck your lot into a food processor and whizz the crap out of it until it’s smooth. Eat immediately as soft serve, or freeze.

If freezing, pull it out of the freezer after an hour or so, and blitz it again to break up any ice crystals, and pop it back in the freezer.

This little baby freezes pretty solid, and without additives there is only two ways you can deal with this –

1) pull it out of the freezer 15 minutes before you want to eat it.

2) whack a shot of vodka in it as it changes the freeze temperature.

I leave it up to you.

coconut banana maple froyo

What do you love about Spring?

If you liked this post be sure to like my Facebook page or follow my twit twaddle @theholsbys to ensure you can always keep up with the Holsbys.

• Reply breakroomstories September 28, 2013 at 7:42 am

yum!

• Reply Kate September 28, 2013 at 8:00 am

I want this now for breakfast.

• Reply Tessa : Down that Little Lane September 28, 2013 at 9:36 am

Oh my lord.. too delish!

• Reply Have a laugh on me September 28, 2013 at 3:22 pm

All I can remember from the recipe is vodka – I’m in.
    Wish we had daylight savings – it’s bloody light here at 4.30am in the middle of summer – BLOODY FARMERS!!!!!! x

• Reply Sam Stone @ A Life on Venus September 28, 2013 at 6:14 pm

I love the smell of Spring.

• Reply blowingoffsteamandmore September 28, 2013 at 11:58 pm

Even though it’s fall here and the days are shrinking and the temperatures are dropping that yogurt looks and sounds fantastic!! Who says you can’t have frozen yogurt when it’s cold? Not me!

• Reply mummyflyingsolo September 29, 2013 at 10:31 am

Oh I’m so with you on the kids waking up early thing. We’re rockin 530 starts around here at the moment. Bring on next weekend!

• Reply Kate October 20, 2013 at 3:06 pm

Hi,
    I usually make the plain frozen banana version. Last weekend we tried this, without the coconut cream, it was sensational. Today we tried with the coconut cream and it was a fail :(. Not soft serve just runny. We have put it into kids ice block moulds and will have to wait and see. Fingers crossed because the runny mix was delicious.

• Reply Keeping Up With The Holsbys October 20, 2013 at 3:12 pm

I wonder if I got my amounts wrong in the write up? Or my bananas were really big? Mine was defo soft serve. Alternatively, you could freeze the lot for a bit, pull it out and blitz it to break up the crystals and freeze again. Let me know if the ice blocks work or are icy.

Sorry about the fail. I’ll test it again happily!

• Reply Kate October 20, 2013 at 4:07 pm

I chucked a third frozen banana in because I also wondered about banana size. I need to put my ice cream maker bowl in the freezer that would have sorted everything out!