Photography

The garden fairies.

October 9, 2013

I couldn’t even tell you the last time I sat in a patch of clover and a made a daisy chain without a care in the world.

Something so tiny, so meaningless, became a magic moment in time. I let all my worries seep into the grass beneath my bum and I was just present with my babies.

We just sat in the garden before we began our day and we made daisy chains and laughed and cuddled, and broke the chains and made new ones.

It wasn’t expensive, it wasn’t fancy, it wasn’t messy or educational.

It was just time.

Moments in time.

Holsbys garden fairyHolsbys garden fairyHolsbys garden fairyHolsbys garden fairyHolsbys garden fairyHolsbys garden fairy

If you liked this post be sure to like my Facebook page or follow my twit twaddle @theholsbys to ensure you can always keep up with the Holsbys.

Hooking up with the Wordless Wednesday crew at My Little Drummer Boys, andTwinkle in the Eye

• Reply coloursofsunset October 9, 2013 at 10:30 am

love it. i had forgotten all about the daisy chains. i love those moments in time where you just “are”. x Aroha

• Reply Zanni Arnot October 9, 2013 at 10:33 am

So gorgeous honey. I love making daisy chains…I need to introduce this to Elka. xx

• Reply Have a laugh on me October 9, 2013 at 10:35 am

Love a great daisy chain, we used to spend hours doing this as kids – nice to see you have found you can still do it with clover instead of daisies!!!!

• Reply Emma Fahy Davis October 9, 2013 at 12:38 pm

What beautiful pictures!

• Reply Shana Norris October 9, 2013 at 3:00 pm

Beautiful pictures. These are frame-worthy. Simple, perfect moments like this one are what makes parenting so wonderful.

Visiting from Not So Wordless Wednesday

• Reply Sam Stone @ A Life on Venus October 9, 2013 at 6:02 pm

That is great. I can’t remember the last time I did this either.

• Reply ksbeth October 10, 2013 at 7:53 am

wonderful )

• Reply Trish MLDB October 10, 2013 at 12:20 pm

The simple things. Adorable cherubs and chains.

• Reply Alicia October 10, 2013 at 1:55 pm

I was only looking at the clover flowers on our walk Tuesday, thinking they could make a daisy chain. I remember sitting in the front yard making them when I was younger, with yellow daisies. They do look very cute on 🙂

• Reply dad down under October 11, 2013 at 3:14 pm

We’ve rocked some daisy jewellery of late. They look like little cherub halos on children, on me they look awkward.

• Reply Keeping Up With The Holsbys October 12, 2013 at 8:39 pm

What? No. You’d totally rock a daisy chain. Maybe awkward at the pub. Pop it in your pocket at the bar.