Photography

Portrait 365 : 1

January 1, 2014

January first. Two thousand and fourteen.

I need a project. Something different. Something creative.

SOMETHING ELSE.

In the spirit of my new being more Cuban philosophy I want to connect with more people.

Reach out to more people.

I am also quite the voyeur I’ve discovered, so I’ll probably watch more people too.

My new project is –

Portrait 365

Every day.

One year.

Might be a friend. Might be my family. Might be a random.

Might be a selfie.

But rain or shine, there’s a portrait a day.

Wish me luck.

portrait 365 : 1

If you like what you’re reading why not like my Facebook page now or subscribe via email, to be sure to always keep up with the Holsbys.

• Reply Kate January 1, 2014 at 9:09 pm

I wish you every success and the very best of luck.
    This portrait is beautiful.

• Reply ksbeth January 1, 2014 at 9:26 pm

oh, this is a great one to start with and i think this is a wonderful project. ) beth

• Reply Zanni Arnot January 2, 2014 at 11:01 am

Love it. Great idea…I look forward to following! X

• Reply Nina January 5, 2014 at 3:42 pm

I love! Makes for a great series. It’d be cool to know which ones are strangers, family, friends, etc. or the story about the day.

• Reply Keeping Up With The Holsbys January 5, 2014 at 7:48 pm

I’m still trying to decide about that! I’ve been out of computer range with limited wifi so I couldn’t if I wanted to before!!

• Reply dad down under January 5, 2014 at 7:42 pm

Great idea Danielle, you rock a head dress! Looking forward to ‘meeting’ some of the interesting characters you come across.

• Reply Bunny Eats Design January 8, 2014 at 3:30 pm

Hey big D, just catching up with this project. Love the new approach and the concept. I’m sure it will make you grow as a photographer in leaps and bounds. I look forward to reading “What I learned from my 365 portraits project”. I’ve been taking photos of my friends a lot over the holidays, but taking photos of complete strangers absolutely mortifies me. Go you for reaching out!

• Reply Portrait 365 : 365 December 31, 2014 at 3:14 pm