Photography

Portrait 365 : 54, 55, 56

February 26, 2014

Did I say once a week??

I lied.

# 54 Lynsey & Frankie

# 54 Lynsey & Frankie

‘Sunday morning at the markets with my Frankie’

Marrickville Organic Markets had so many interesting people to shoot but this smile, with that dimple, got me.

#55 Hylton

#55 Hylton

‘That’s the thing with all of this social media – people forget to just talk.’

I don’t use the term genius often, but this guy is a creative genius. Composer, musician and one hell of a guy. I’m proud to call him my friend.

#56 Bobbi & Nathan

#56 Bobbi & Nathan

‘I liked this girl but she smelled like a guy’

‘Didn’t she shower?’

‘Yeah, but she was just one of those girls.’

I was eavesdropping on these guys on the train and when Nathan said that I just had to dive over the seat with my camera.

They handled it with aplomb.

Having a Wordless Wednesday hook up with My Little Drummer Boys, Twinkle in the Eye, The Mystery Case and Sakura Hakura. Go see what else is out there!

If you like what you’re seeing, or want a little more info about this image why not like my Facebook page now as I have a little spiel there.

You can also subscribe via email, or follow me on Instagram at The Holsbys to be sure to always keep up with the Holsbys.

• Reply Have a laugh on me February 26, 2014 at 8:55 am

LOVE IT – isn’t it great having no shame? It’s made my life WAY more interesting x

• Reply Neets February 26, 2014 at 10:33 am

Ha ha brilliant. So random like me.

• Reply Vicki @ Knocked Up & Abroad February 26, 2014 at 12:04 pm

LOVE how you capture people. LOVE too how a line or two can capture so much about a person. Strangers can be so fascinating.

• Reply lizzy - muddle-headed mamma February 26, 2014 at 1:31 pm

Love your work. Love how you approach people you don’t know and get their photograph. I think you must be very charismatic! Your portrait series is just brilliant.

• Reply tamara February 26, 2014 at 4:35 pm

Great photos

• Reply Alicia February 27, 2014 at 10:09 pm

What a great project and grat portraits, especially the last one. I have a task for a local project I am doing, It’s someone I just met. I had the perfect candidate out the front of a pub in a little town and I was kicking myself in hindsight that I missed the opportunity to take the photo. I’ll have to more on the ball for the next opportunity.

• Reply Keeping Up With The Holsbys February 27, 2014 at 10:21 pm

I try to always have a camera on me now… And still sometimes I simply can’t approach someone. Nearly two months in it’s getting easier, and I love how the project is giving me the gift of connecting with people- however fleeting.
      Good luck xx